El Delfín de Chiapas was founded in 1975 by two elementary school teachers Amanda Moguel Rodríguez and Salvador Anzueto Rosales. Both Prof. Moguel and Prof. Anzueto practiced competitive sports and wanted to create an aquatic community in the state of Chiapas. They wanted to encourage proper learning of swimming, reduce the number of drownings, and have formative activity for their children as well as other children in the area.
Both founders began to acquire knowledge, training, and certifications in swimming. Professor Amanda Moguel Rodríguez took courses in coaching that were developed by the Olympic Solidarity Program for the training of competitive swimming. Professor Salvador Anzueto Rosales studied Physical Education and was graduated by the Mexican Olympic Committee. Besides being a swimming coach, he became an outstanding athletic coach at college level. Prof. Amanda have continued their training as swimming coach through many congresses and clinics offered to swim coaches in Mexico and other countries over the years.
Thanks to the constant efforts of our founders, El Delfín is now an aquatic community made up of a swimming school, a club and a team with international recognition. This success has been due to the passion of daily and constant work, its programs and methodologies based on fundamental values, research, experiences and study of the stages of development, designed for a teaching that is effective, safe and with a learning process of swimming which is fun for all ages.
Professors Amanda and Salvador raised four daughters, all of whom have close relationship with swimming and sports.
Professor Salvador and daughter, Lily Anzueto Moguel, have been named beloved citizens by the city council of Tuxtla Gutiérrez in 2012.
Four members of the family have won the “State´s Sports Award», two in the coaching category and two as athletes.
Lily and Sandra were members of the national team in swimming.
Rocio was a member of the national team and Pan American Triathlon champion in her category in 1997.
Monica is a well-known speaker at conferences and training courses for swimming instructors and educators in Mexico and abroad.
- 15 national champions swimmers from 1990 to 2016
- 17 swimmers on the national team
- 8 “State´s Sports Awards» (6 athletes and 2 swimmers)
- Participation in the Central American and Caribbean Championships
- Camex (Central America and Mexico events)
- Challenger Cups in the US
- World Cups in Open water events
- Pan American Championships on Triathlon
- FINA World Championships Rome 2009, 25km O.W.
- We have proudly represented Mexico in Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Guatemala, El Salvador, Panama, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, United States, England, Italy, Spain, Dubai, Australia and Hawaii.
- We have the honor to have been invited to lecture and speak at swimming congresses, conferences and clinics in many cities in Mexico, abroad in United States, New Zealand, Brazil, Greece, Austria and Sweden.